So you are all set to apply for your first driving licence? Great! But there are a few things that you need to be aware of, before you apply for the same.
Criteria for applying for the first provisional driving licence online
The criteria for applying for the first provisional driving licence online in the UK are as follows:
- The person has to be a resident of Great Britain
- The person must meet the minimum age requirement
- The person must meet the minimum eyesight requirement
- The person should not be prevented from driving for any reason
- One needs to pay 34 pounds from their Master Card, Visa, Electron, Maestro or Delta debit or credit card
- The person should have a valid UK passport or another form of identity
- One must provide their National Insurance number, if known
- An address proof where a person must have lived for more than three years
When can one apply for the first provisional driving licence?
A person can apply for the first provisional driving licence when he/she is 15 years and 9 months old. One can start driving a car when he/she is 17 years old and one can start driving a light quad bike when he/she is 16 years of age. The licence will show information about when one can start driving different vehicles. One can drive a car when he/she is 16 years old if he/she gets or has applied for, the enhanced rate of the mobility component of Personal Independent Payment (PIP).
These are the basic things that you need to know when you apply for a provisional driving licence in the UK. For more information call DVLA customer service at 0870 174 7001