The major reason for any company to run is to maximize the wealth of its shareholders. For any investor looking to invest, he will do research on the kind of company that will give him more returns, it is therefore upon you, as the company owner to make your company attractive to potential customers. The following are three major ways that can help you find the right investors;
- Get to know the different investment options that you have; Basically, there are two major types of investment that are available for a company these are;
- Private Venture capital; these types of investments are managed differently and they are set to fund startup companies that may be having high potential of growing. Not only do the venture capital fund the company but it also provide companies that are starting up with expertise in ideas of how to better plan the company so as to realize the desired growth goals.
- Private equity; this covers several types of investment and they are made by individuals or private organizations. These private organizations can decide to buy the whole company, fund a specific project in the company or even make an investment in the company.
Companies can also give government capital programs available in their respective countries.
- Decide on how you would want the investor to provide for you; once you know the available options for investment, Martin Sumichrast, a seasoned entrepreneur, advises that it is very important to have a clear goal on what you would like to get from an investor. When meeting with some of the potential customers, you should have it in your mind the right kind of questions that you should ask especially regarding their recent past investments. That is, what they provide for the companies they invest in, what they expect from the CEO of the investment company and how much they would like to be involved in the running of the company. These types of questions will help you settle for the best investor.
In addition to the aforementioned questions, try to inquire their focus area of investment, the growth sage at which they would like to invest and their overall reputation.
- Choose your words correctly and support them logically to enable you get the perfect investor match; think about the kind of words that you should use to woo the investors. Start with the strengths of your company as it is more likely to capture the attention and imagination of a potential investor. Try to show them how, by investing in your company, will solve most of their problems.
Have a clear business plan which ought to include realistic financials and the market research to back up your predictions.
By following the above three major tips, you can rest assured that you will have the perfect investor for your business.