When it comes to getting employment, most of the people prefer full-time/permanent jobs instead of contract or temporary responsibilities. Yes, it’s quite natural that individuals consider permanent work an effective way to achieve their sought-after objectives like healthcare benefits, income stability, career advancement and personal development opportunities.
Unfortunately, job seekers are losing opportunities of permanent employment as they have limited work experience or are new in Toronto. After the economic recession in 2008, majority of the companies are struggling to adjust their workforce practices by hiring temporary employees rather than appointing permanent ones.
With growing demand of short-term hiring, the number of job agencies in Toronto are increasing as companies are looking for trusted agencies that can help them in recruiting highly talented workers. The best thing about contract staffing is that it reduces payroll-related expenses while enable businesses to maintain a certain skill level and productivity, in terms of business activities. Not only that, employers would be able to assess workers through their cultural fit/performance, without imposing any sort of obligations. Upon conclusion, recruiters might think of appointing workers for permanent positions.
The latter scenario is favorable for job seekers who want permanent employment but are unable to find one. All they have to do is to sign a contract and take on temporary responsibilities to prove their worth and value for the company. This way, they might be able to influence recruiters for full-time employment in the future. Here, some candidates think that if there is any better way to act as a front-runner instead of demonstrating skills every day?
Obviously, job seekers should have to focus on auditioning their abilities as it is the first step to leave an impression over the employers. Below are some important facts that every candidate should consider in order to transform their part-time jobs into permanent ones:
- Always act like a full-time worker: Candidates should dress-up, participate, collaborate and interact with others
- Maintain productivity: Always show highest level of professionalism
- Always accept: Workers should always accept assignment with positive attitude and enthusiasm
- Search for opportunities: Always look for chances to demonstrate skills beyond the specified area
- Show interest; Job agencies in Toronto recommend individuals to show interest in the purpose and philosophy behind company’s existence. They should learn about its people, policies, products etc.
- Expand network: It is always recommended to meet new people and expand network.
- Give suggestions: Individuals should not hesitate to give recommendations or suggestion on process improvement. They should show willingness in adding value to company’s existence.
- Show-off intentions: Don’t hide intentions. Candidates should advise supervision of desire in order to take on full-time role.
According to the job agencies in Toronto, temporary workers are the best source for employers to fill permanent positions because they are aware of their:
- Worth ethic
- Potential for contribution
- Company/cultural fit
So, if anyone is getting temporary employment, he/she should immediately grab it and wait until the recruiter convert it into full-time responsibility.