Air conditioners are more of modern day needs than convenience, and people believe that they can’t live without these. When it is hot outside and your air conditioner is not working properly, the first thought that comes to your mind is to call a repair company. While that may end up being a necessity, but before you do that there are many things, which you should check like whether your air conditioner needs repair or replacement.
Here are a few tips that will tell you whether need an AC replacement or repair:
- If the frequent repairs have been done and your conditioner is more than 10 years old, then it requires to be replaced. Furthermore, replacing the old machine with the new one will save lot of money and energy.
- If your electricity bills are going higher by month, then your old AC can be the culprit, which means it is time to replace it.
- A poorly working machine can cause the humidity in the house.
Considering the above points, you also need to do a little study the kind of problem your AC has, before call a repairing company. Here is what you need to check:
- Problem with Thermostat: Make sure that thermostat is set to cool. The first thing what the repairman will ensure this and will change the temperature setting and set it below the room temperature.
- Blown Fuse or Tripped Circuit breaker: Sometimes, it may happen that your air conditioner has blown off the fuse. Try to replace the fuse yourself and your ac will start working properly.
- Shut-off Switch: Many air conditioners have the shut off switch hanging outside the house. Someone might have turned it “off”. By turning the switch on, you can ensure that your AC is working just fine.
- Unit Power Switch: There is a switch that may be in your attic or closet, which may have been switched “off”. Your AC could have shut down due to this. Thus, make sure that it is turned “on”.
- Problem with the Drain Line: When the air condition works, it creates condensation that is drained out of your house through the drain line. If the drain line is clogged, it will trip the safety switch and your ac will stop working. You can unclog the drain line and see whether your AC is now working or not.
- Resetting the air conditioner: you can always try the “reset” option which is provided in your air conditioner. Turn off the ac, then wait for 5- 10 minutes, and then restart it. It may automatically resume the settings and starts working properly.
If after doing all these things, the problem remains, then there is a need to call ac repairmen.
It is recommended that all the above things may make your ac work, but you should always consult a, AC repairman or get it repaired from a reputed company such as Cariniair. You could visit their website cariniair.com for more info or book and appointment with one of their specialists.