Keynote speakers are an important part of every convention or meeting. The speaker is the person that introduces the topic of the convention to the crowd while adding humour and inspiration into the speech. The convention is outlined and summarised by the keynote speaker before the presentation begins. This keynote announcer sets the tone for the entire convention. Since these speakers hold such importance to the success of the convention, it is crucial that the keynote speaker possesses certain traits to ensure a great speech.
- Enthusiastic – Since keynote speeches are made at the beginning of the convention it is critical that the speaker is enthusiastic. An enthusiastic personality will keep the people awake and interested in the topics being discussed. Having enthusiasm also gets the crowd excited about what is being talked about. A great announcer will be able to excite the crowd with every word.
- Knowledgeable – It is important that the keynote speaker is knowledgeable on the topics that are being presented. The announcer is the first person to speak. The first person to speak is responsible for giving an in-depth summary of what the entire presentation will consist of.
- Resourceful – Doing live speeches requires a person to be resourceful. There is no way to know exactly what questions people will ask during the speech. This is why it is important to find a keynote speaker that is resourceful. People tend to have many questions at the beginning and at the end of speeches. Thinking quickly and having knowledge about the topic will be a huge help to any speaker.
- Futurist Keynote Speaker– Depending on the convention theme, it can be important to have a speaker that is well-studied in statistics and matters that may take place in the future. Most conventions are work-related and thrive on numbers. It is important that the speaker knows about the economy and what to expect from it in the upcoming years. Having futuristic knowledge will help to convey the company’s message on the direction the business may be heading.
- Inspirational – Keynote speakers oftentimes serve as inspirational speakers as well. They start conventions off with a speech that summarises what the presentation will be about and then they share inspirational quotes and stories. It is the speaker’s job to inspire the crowd and make them want to listen to more of the speech. Most speakers have an interesting story or are well-accomplished people. Others are more likely to listen to a person who is successful and has a story that can be learned from.
The perfect keynote speaker would possess all of five of these traits plus others. Bringing an audience together for a convention is not an easy task. It takes a talented, skilled individual to capture the ears of many and get a convention started in the right way. Keynote speakers can be found online for special events and are usually able to travel to different locations.