Django is an open-source web framework that is available for free. This you can know from the Django Training Classes. It has been written entirely using the Python language and is based on the model-view-template (MVT), a type of architectural pattern. It was created in 2003 and released publicly on the 21st of July, 2005. It was meant to simplify and ease the creation process of complex and database-driven websites. Some of the more famous users of Django are Mozilla, the Washington Post, Pinterest, Instagram, BitBucket and Disqus.
The Various Components of Django
- The object-relational mapper.
- A system for processing HTTP requests with a web template system.
- A regular-expression-based URL dispatcher.
- A lightweight and standalone web server meant for testing and development.
- A template system that functions on the concept of inheritance borrowed from the object-oriented programming.
- A caching framework that can utilize any of the caching methods.
- An internal dispatcher that allows sharing of information between different components of the same application.
- A system that allows for the extension of the template engine.
Applications of Django
- An authentication system that allows for extension.
- A highly dynamic interface for administrative purposes.
- Tools that allow the generation of Google Sitemaps.
- A framework that supports the creation of GIS application.
Django anf Python
Django was designed using the Python Web programming language. Writing a website in Python is efficient as it saves on time and money, while saving the heart burn of working with a highly complex language. The interactive administrative system is very helpful and helps in the interfacing with the databases much faster than in other frameworks. The framework is very fast and one can gt a lot of work done in a very short time.
Following Usages of Django
- Django is stable and Time tested. It has been around for more than 10 years and has been continuously improved over this time. Many of the security issues have been fixed and many bugs removed. And Django is one of the first frameworks that respond to new vulnerabilities, often offering suggesting methods that one can use to battle the risks
- Django is used by big names like the Washington Post, Pinterest and Instagram to name a few. This in itself speaks volumes about the efficiency of this framework. Even facebook uses Django for many of its background utilities.
- Django has many packages that are suited for use in various conditions. The Django framework comes with many features that have been included in the package. This omits the need for installing various patches and fixes additionally. There are many user forums and one can easily get an idea of what to do by asking around.
- Django still has one of the best open-source documentation in the world. The libraries that contain all the modules and attributes and methods are documented in an easily accessible way.
- Django is meant for the amazing community of users. They can understand the basic concept through Django Online Course In Seattle. The Django Software Foundation (DSF) is an amazing community of users that has strict codes of conduct. Mailing lists and IRC are welcome in the Django community and there is no shying away from them. The Django Girls group has flourished because of this openness and the attitude of frontal problem solving.