Monitoring traffic is one of the main jobs of any web marketer of online business. Furthermore, with Google Analytics, doing this is simple, and free. Here’s a fast manual to help you investigate some key metrics.
What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a free tool for web traffic and web analytics that offers measurements and essential scientific tools for website streamlining (SEO) and showcasing purposes. The administration is accessible to anybody with a Google account. Google purchased Urchin Software Corporation in 2005 and utilized that organization’s Urchin on Demand app as the premise for its service.
What are the Main Features of Google Analytics?
Google analytics tool comes with dashboard, scorecards as well as movement diagrams, which show changes in data over time. Other features of Google analytics are:
- Segmentation for investigation of subsets, for example, transformations
- Email-based sharing and correspondence
- Custom reports
- Integration with other Google items, for example, AdWords, Website Optimizer and Public Data Explorer.
Benefits of Using Google Analytics for Online Business
- Google Analytics is completely a free tool. It still offers the same amount of or much more functionality when contrasted with other paying SEO tools.
- Ready to figure out how your guests find your site. Other than the center arrangement of keywords that you are streamlining, you will have the capacity to figure out what different keywords your target audience type in to discover your site. You will start discovering more keywords being recorded on organic listings, because of your general optimization exertion.
- Able to distinguish which pages and connections your guests click the most. You will have the capacity to know which are the famous pages and connections, and measure whether your search engine optimization campaign is guiding the activity to the right pages.
- It offers visitor segmentation. You will be able to know what number of new guests your SEO campaign conveys to you. You can section your diagnostic result by new/returning guests, topography and referral sources.
- Ready to calibrate your site. With this logical report, you will be able to finetune your site, and do another copywriting on any page. At last, it will bring you more quality prospects, and in this manner, increasing more traffics sooner rather than later.
How Google Analytics Report Works?
- SEO Report
By associating Google Webmaster Tools account to Google Analytics account, you can track your rankings, the quantity of impressions your postings are getting and even your navigate rates. What you have to do first is log into the account of Google Analytics and click on the site URL to see your report.
On the off chance that you are attempting to enhance your traffic, the speediest approach to accomplish it is to expand your active visitor clicking percentage. The active visitor clicking percentage is dependent on two variables: the first is ranking position, and the second is the content you are using.
- Landing Page Report
This report reveals to you which of your pages are positioning great, the quantity of impressions they are accepting, the quantity of clicks they are getting, their normal ranking position and their normal active visitor clicking percentage.
This report will show the most well-known pages first. The pages that have both the most elevated numbers of impressions and the least active clicking factor are the pages you normally ought to be concentrating on.
- Geographical Summary Report
This is very important in light of the fact that if your clients are all from one country, then you need to just focus on that country.
In the event that your clients are from all around the globe, then you ought to concentrate on targeting the world.
Conclusion: Online marketing does not need to be entangled. You do not have to utilize dozens of traffic monitoring tools or burn through a large number of dollars to expand your traffic. Simply through Google Analytics and a couple free apparatuses you can discover a low hanging natural product that will help you improve your rankings.
NavidTayebi is the founder of CreativeOver.Com, a digital marketing agency located in Orange County, CA that primarily focuses on providing digital marketing solutions to small- and medium-sized businesses. His areas of expertise are refinement and development of marketing goals, promotional activities, pricing strategies and branding. You can find Navid on Twitter, Linkedin, Google + and Facebook.